Saturday, June 26, 2010

Back Story

As I mentioned in "about me" I have struggled with my weight since the birth of my first child, almost 14 years ago. Right after I had her, I was diagnosed with thyroid disease. My weight has been all over the map in the last 13 years along with 2 other pregnancies. I have never felt well. At one point about 11 years ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, unexplained pain. 3 years ago I was in a bad car accident and damaged my hip. I have had 3 unsuccessful hip surgeries and need another. I have declared myself a faulty model or a better description, "a lemon".

In Jan 2008 I started Weight Watchers and lost 40 pounds over 10 months. I felt and looked great. I lost 6 sizes! It was amazing. I couldn't stop staring at myself in the mirror. As I write this, I wish I would have chronicled what I did to have the motivation to lose the weight because I can't remember. I received a promotion at work in Jan 2009, traveled a lot, had a completely random schedule and couldn't plan anything to save my life. Today I weigh just as much as I did when I started Weight Watchers.

I quit my job in March of this year (2010) very unexpectedly because I was just fed up with it all, I was drained. I was off for 3 months before I found my new position June 1st (2010). In the 3 months I was off, I did not take care of myself for one day. I made poor food choices, didn't exercise and just continued (continue) to feel sorry for myself, which is pathetic. My weight and feeling like a lemon consumes me every minute of every day.

Early in June I came down with severe stomach pains (again) and ended up in the ER for the pain. Long story short, 3 day later I had an endoscopy with biopsies. A week later (June 5th, 2010) I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease confirmed by a biopsy and 2 positive blood tests.

Is this the answer to feeling so bad for the last 13 years?

No comments:

Post a Comment