Saturday, June 26, 2010

Food Finds: From June 5th to June 21st

This is the catch up of finds from the start of diagnosis to current. I will update frequently moving forward.

I was hungry this week! I think my body has figured out it isn't eating the traditional items and looking for something more. Luckily I tried Indian and it filled the void. In between the Indian food, I had a lot of chicken, fruits, veggies, basic salads.

Claypit Cuisine of India - Mill Creek Town Center
Chana Chicken
We went to the restaurant one night, I had the left-overs for lunch the next day, and then ordered take-out the next night and had left-overs for breakfast the next day.
I did get a bad stomachache after the first 2 of 4 meals, but I don't think it was gluten related, I believe it was just the Indian spices. I have had such bland food the last few weeks my stomach wasn't ready for such a flavor profile.

Granolas - Mill Creek Town Center
After we were finished with dinner, next door was a store called Granolas, a natural food store. We ventured in and found quite a few gluten-free options. I don't have any desire to buy gluten-free pasta, bread, flour, etc. Not a this point. I am looking for convenience. My purchases...
Nanas Cookie Bites - Lemon Dreams
Most disgusting thing I can remember eating in my life. So bad, I spit out and ran to the fridge to find something to get the horrific taste out of my mouth. It took a while. Why, why would anyone think those could even taste good? Horrible.
Kinnikinnick Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (Frozen - 6 to a box)
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G-! Warm up in microwave and oh-my, so unbelievably good! Even if you are not gluten-free, you must try. I might even send email to the company congratulating them on such an amazing donut. I would choose this donut over Krispy Kreme any day. (170 calories/4.5 grams of fat)
Tropical Valley Foods - Dried Coconut
So bad, my dog spit it out. Too bad it was $13 for the bag. Waste of money. I hate throwing food away but what in the world do I do with it other than throw it away? My family tried and doesn't like either.

Cinnamon Chex (Gluten-Free)
I love cinnamon sugar. See above cinnamon sugar donuts. These were good but I did add a Splenda packet to take the edge off of the rice flavor. This cereal will be a staple.

Food Should Taste Good Chips - Olive
Yum-o! With mashed avocado. I need not say more.

No comments:

Post a Comment