Sunday, June 27, 2010

Reviews: Janelle's Gluten-Free Market, Blazin Onion & Garlic Jim's Pizza

Janelle's Gluten-Free Market - Everett

I came across the website for Janelle's Gluten-Free Market, only 10 miles from my house; how amazing is it that a gluten-free only market is so close. I ventured in and I didn't have a welcome (or a good-bye) from the gentleman working behind the counter. That's fine - gave me the time to look around without feeling pressured. Lots of GF options (from baking, pasta, snacks, etc.) but nothing grabbed my attention except the Glutino Chocolate Covered Pretzels. I had them in my hand for awhile but put them back bc not only am I GF but I need to lose weight and I was likely to eat them all in one serving (I don't remember the stats but they weren't great.). Overall it is nice to know that if I am seeking a GF item, this is the place to go. I think the place was stocked with every GF item that exists.

Blazin Onion - Mill Creek Location
I was hesitant to have Blazin Onion for dinner but the kiddos insisted. Luckily we went at 5 pm when it wasn't busy. I asked if they had a gluten-free menu, the nice gal said they were working on it, and that if they are going to have one, they were going to do it right. Much appreciated. She did try to go over the menu with me and all of the things I could have. She was great and did not make me feel like I was an inconvenience. I ended up with a salmon spinach salad: salmon, spinach, tomatoes, poppy seed vinaigrette. Salmon was way overcooked (dry) but the spinach was super fresh and the dressing was delish. I will check back in a few weeks and see if they have a gluten-free menu.

Garlic Jim's Pizza - Mill Creek
So impressed by the gluten-free menu and FAQ. Seriously check it out on their website. They get huge props for putting the effort in. I ended up with a large (only GF size), garlic-infused olive oil sauce with mozzarella, spinach and tomato pizza. The crust (my favorite part) was way too over done, so crunchy I couldn't eat it, but the "meat" of the pizza was good. I will try again in hopes the crust isn't so overdone.

No comments:

Post a Comment