Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Point of the Blog

We eat out a lot. I know we eat out a lot more than most families. How do I know this? When I talk to other families they are shocked how much we eat out and how much we must spend on eating out with a family of 5.

I don't cook well. I can make the basics. Tacos, spaghetti, butter noodles, chicken on the George Foreman Grill (Thank God for George Foreman Grill!), marinated steak, rice. When I do cook, I have never gotten rave reviews from my family. Really, it doesn't seem worth it and I would not rather spend the money on trying to create new items that me and the family won't like.

In my last 3 weeks of gluten-free research, I have found chefs, home cooks, etc explaining how to eat well being gluten-free. Going to the market, seeking out the freshest ingredients, flavors exploding, blah, blah, blah. Frankly, I have no desire to learn out to become a great home cook. I want to figure out how to feel better being gluten-free while living in my random, unplanned life.

I thought I would magically drop weight just by going gluten-free. In 3 weeks, I have lost 5 pounds and I have been washing my jeans every night so they are not so loose. My stomach bloat has decreased. However I do need to loose at least 20 pounds. I have learned you can be gluten-free and still eat unhealthy foods as I found out last night when we went to the movie and I googled gluten-free candy and discovered most crud candy is gluten-free. Dang.

I hope by creating this blog I will become accountable to make myself feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment