Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Betty Crocker...I am Not

I don't think I am going to bake gluten-free. I spent so many years investing time and money into making (real) homemade cupcakes and frosting, I just don't think I have it in me to experiment with gluten-free baking. So for now, this leaves me with Wheatless in Seattle (gluten-free bakery in Seattle) and Betty Crocker.

I was just at the grocery story (Albertson's) and found the line of Betty Crocker gluten-free mixes. I was tempted to buy and slather a ridiculous amount of frosting on the chosen product, but I am going to hold off for now and wait for a real reason, like a birthday, etc to make. Otherwise with me working from home, so close to the kitchen, I am afraid I would eat the entire batch...within a few hours.

On a second thought, I should just buy it, eat it and get it out of my system, instead of what will probably happen; me thinking how I should have bought and then walk around the house from 7 to 11 pm feeling sorry for myself trying to find something else to fill the void.

So which one should I try first? I think it's between the brownies and choc chip cookies. I know I need frosting but both would appreciate frosting. I am sure of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment