Friday, July 16, 2010

Famous Daves - Everett, WA

We went out for a late dinner last night and ended up at Famous Daves in Everett, WA. When we walked in, I asked the host if they had a gluten-free menu and the nice "boy" looked at me with a blank stare and said, "Ummm, I don't know what that is." I let him off the hook and while were waiting for our table I did a quick Google search on my iPhone to see if anyone had gluten-free feedback from the restaurant. I saw a few posts and was somewhat reassured.

When we were seated I asked the waitress for gluten-free options, she gave a sigh and said they really didn't have options. I looked away and said ok. Then she went through everything I couldn't have, which was 99% of the menu, but I could do the pork w/o the sauce, the brisket w/o the sauce or the chicken w/o the sauce. The sides I could have were the coleslaw, corn-on-the-cob and the corn bread. No salads unless I wanted oil and vinegar bc all of their dressings come pre-made and they can't figure out what the exact ingredients are.

I settled with the pork, plain, coleslaw, corn-on-the-cob and corn bread. I could have 2 of the sauces on the table: Georgia Mustard and Texas Pit. I must say after the waitress had depressed me initially, I was quite impressed with my meal. I was full and satisfied. And I wasn't looking at the other meals and salivating.

That also being said, I went to Weight Watchers on Monday and weighed-in. I have done very well this week but after this meal I realized the coleslaw, and the 2 corn breads I consumed probably wasn't the best caloric options. Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment