Thursday, July 8, 2010

Mini Melt Down - Burger King

Last night, the kids asked to go to Burger King for fries and Icees at 10 pm. Of course, their dad bit and took them. I was hungry having just had some salad and fruit for dinner. I googled "is Burger King gluten-free" off my iPhone and only saw a few posts not to trust anything at a fast food restaurant because of cross contamination. Now I am not so worried about cross contamination as most gluten-free folks that I have come across in books and on blogs. I knew that I should just take the blessing that God has given me to avoid fast-food but I wanted to break down with the it's not fair cry. I didn't. I sucked it up without saying anything out loud to the family and poured myself a bowl of cinnamon Chex. It was fine and when the fam came home with their yummy fries and icees, I ate one fry and moved along, unloading the dishwasher. I got over it and happy I didn't indulge in the calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment