Friday, July 23, 2010

Pasta Craving - Pad Thai

I have had a pasta craving for weeks. I tried brown rice pasta last weekend and threw it out in disgust. Last night I made the family a Stouffers pasta meal and I wanted to cry because I couldn't have it. Today, I satisfied my pasta craving, pad thai!

I was nervous about going without having done any research before hand and knowing the place we go to for lunch doesn't speak great English. My favorite soup that they serve when you sit down is (was) my favorite. I had a feeling it had wheat (because of the broth) and decided to ask. Our waitress understood what I was talking about, I was doing internal cart wheels! The soup did have gluten. Just the fact she knew what I was talking about, I was fine with not having it. I asked about the pad thai and she said it was fine but she'd tell the kitchen no soy sauce. I couldn't eat more than 6 bites because it was so filling, but let me tell you, it was probably the most delish meal I have had since going gluten-free. And even better, I have left overs for dinner and probably lunch tomorrow.

I did do research when I get home and realized I probably could have had the deep fried spring rolls because they are made with rice paper. Next time, I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment